Do you know, what is Pramuka?
Pramuka is one of the big organizations in Indonesia. It is not only in Indonesia, but also in this world. We call it SCOUT MOVEMENT. Every country has a name for the organization of scout, and the name of Indonesian’s Scout is Pramuka.
The Scout Movement (Gerakan Kepanduan) in the world is based on following principles, there are Duty to God, Duty to others, and Duty to Self. Duty to God means that a scout member has a relationship with the spiritual values of life, the fundamental belief in a force above mankind. Duty to Others means that a scout member has a relationship with and responsibility within, society in the broadest sense of the term, his or her family, local community, country and the world and at large, as well as respect for others and for the natural world. Then, Duty to Self means that a scout member has a relationship to develop his or her own potentianl, to the best of his or her ability.
In Pramuka, We call it Kode Kehormatan or Honor Code. Kode Kehormatan are norms and promises in awareness to know more about a character in a person’s heart based on moral provisions and based on principles of scouting.. Kode Kehormatan divided in two types, there are the Scout Promise and Law (Trisatya and Dasa Dasrma).
The Scout Promise (Trisatya) is promises that a scout members promised. Tri means three and Satya means promise. So, Trisatya is three promises. Trisatya sounds :
The Three Promises of Pramuka
On my honor I promise that I will do my best;
1. To do my duty to God the only one and my Country (Negara Kesatuan Republik Indonesia), to obey the Pancasila;
2. To help other people and participate in building the society; then
3. To obey the Scout Law (Dasa Darma Pramuka)
Demi kehormatanku Aku berjanji akan bersungguh-sungguh :
1. Menjalankan kewajibanku terhadap Tuhan Yang Maha Esa dan Negara kesatuan Republik Indonesia, mengamalkan Pancasila;
2. Menolong sesama hidup dan ikut serta membangun masyarakat, serta ;
3. Menepati Dasa Darma Pramuka
The Scout Law (Dasa Darma Pramuka) is the attitude or value that must have in a scout. Dasa means ten and darma means demands. So, Dasa Darma means tens of demands that must have in a scout. Dasa Darma sounds :
The Ten Laws of Pramuka
1. 1. Taqwa to God the only one
2. 2. Love for Nature and Affection to us fellow Human
3. 3. Gentlemanly patriots and knights
4. 4. Obedient and Deliberate
5. 5. Willing to help and steadfast
6. 6. Diligent, skillful, and joyful
7. 7. Frugal, careful, and modest
8. 8. Disciplined, brave, and loyal
9. 9. Responsible and trustworthy
10. 10. Pure in thought, word, and deed.
DASA DARMA PRAMUKA
1. 1. Taqwa kepada Tuhan Yang Maha Esa
2. 2. Cinta alam dan kasih sayang sesama manusia
3. 3. Patriot yang sopan dan kesatria
4. 4. Patuh dan suka bermusyawarah
5. 5. Rela menolong dan tabah
6. 6. Rajin, terampil, dan gembira
7. 7. Hemat, cermat dan bersahaja
8. 8. Disiplin, berani dan sertia
9. 9. Bertanggungjawab dan dapat dipercaya
10. 10. Suci dalam pikiran, perkataan, dan perbuatan
Trisatya and Dasa Darma are two important things that must have to know from a scout. It is be a guideline to do anything in a scout’s life. So, if you are a scout do not worry to do anything, just looking for the Trisatya and Dasa Darma.
World Scouting (www.scout.org)
Suara.com (www.suara .com)
Writerthe : Fitria